Samsung Notes is a feature-rich note taking app for Galaxy phones and tablets. However, the Notes app is limited to Galaxy Book users on Windows only. Samsung recently blocked other Windows users from using the Notes app. However, solutions do exist. To access Samsung Notes on Windows PC you have to rely on several hacks and OneNote integration.
1. Use Samsung DeX
samsung dex Promises to deliver desktop computing to your flagship Galaxy phone or tablet. It works with any desktop, monitor or laptop and lets you enjoy all Samsung core apps, including Samsung Notes, on a big screen.
Samsung DeX is available on the company's flagship devices, starting with the Galaxy S8 series. You can connect your device to a monitor or Windows laptop via a USB Type-C cable, HDMI adapter, wirelessly, or via stand-along mode on a tablet.
When you enable Samsung DeX on an external screen, all your Samsung, Google, and supported third-party apps (like Microsoft and Adobe) are available for use with your keyboard and mouse. You can open the Samsung Notes app, check your notes, make edits, and create new entries.
Samsung offers full native app experience on DeX. You can enjoy all Notes features on your external monitor. If you have a compatible high-end Galaxy device, we strongly recommend trying out Samsung DeX.
2. Use Samsung Notes app (Galaxy Book users)
Samsung offers a native Notes app on Windows. However, it comes with a catch. The app only works with Samsung PCs and Galaxy Books.
The Notes app on Windows is packed with useful features like handwriting support via S Pen, drawing tools, voice recording, writing tools and more with a clean, easy-to-use user interface. Since you already use Notes on your Samsung phone, you'll find yourself right at home with the Windows version.
Samsung Notes is free to download and use on your Galaxy Book. The company uses Samsung Cloud to sync your notes, memos, pictures, videos, and other data across all compatible devices.
download – samsung notes
3. Download Previous Notes Build
Many PC users managed to download and run the older Samsung Notes build. Here's how you can access it.
1. go towards Online Link Generator for Microsoft Store,
2. Type the following URL and click the checkmark.
3. Download the file below.
Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Comment: This is an informal method. Samsung may eventually block such methods from accessing the Notes app on other Windows devices.
4. Use OneNote integration
Thanks to Samsung's close partnership with Microsoft, you can sync Samsung Notes with OneNote and access your notes on Mac and desktop. Let's check it out by implementing it.
1. Open Samsung Notes on your phone. Tap the hamburger menu in the upper left corner.
2. choose Adjustment tap more Sync with Microsoft OneNote,
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup. Your Microsoft Account ID should appear under the same option.
By default, Samsung Notes syncs all folders to OneNote. You can change sync settings, check sync status and other details from the Settings menu.
1. Go to Samsung Notes Settings (check the steps above).
2. choose Sync with Microsoft OneNote,
3. You can check the last sync status, sync settings and tap on folders to sync.
4. Select the folders you want to sync with OneNote. Your locked notes will not be synced.
Check Samsung Notes on Windows via OneNote and Outlook
Now that you've synced Samsung Notes with OneNote, use the steps below to access them on your Windows machine.
1. Open OneNote on Windows.
2. Select your feed in the top-right corner.
3. This loads your sticky notes and syncs to Samsung Notes.
You can also view your Samsung Notes from Outlook Web. This way.
1. Go to Outlook on the web and sign in with your Microsoft account details.
2. choose OneNote Feed At the top.
3. Take a look at your OneNote notes, Samsung Notes, and Sticky Notes all in one place.
However, the integration of Samsung Notes with OneNote is not seamless. As mentioned, it doesn't sync locked notes, lacks editing permission for your synced notes on desktop, and you can't even create new entries using OneNote and Outlook.
Access your Samsung Notes across devices
Samsung shouldn't have prevented non-Galaxy Book users from accessing the Notes app on their favorite Windows machines. If you don't want to deal with mediocre OneNote integration or the outdated Notes app on your Windows device, favor another note-taking app except Samsung Notes.
There's no shortage of feature-packed cross-platform note taking apps on Android and iPhone. Check out our dedicated post to find the top options for your needs.